Monday, September 17, 2007

Pappa's Birthday!









Sunday was Pappa's Birthday! It was a good day! I helped Oma make "rouladen" a german dish that is sooooo out of this world! Of course, I didn't document that... I should have - but Hey! It's a top secret recipe... and man, I tell you I was craving another helping around midnight... :)

Anytime we are at Pappa and Oma's house... I get to take pictures of the nephews!!! (They live 2 houses down!)

Aren't they just the cutest?

Oh, and there is always cool stuff in their yard, too.

Happy Birthday, Pop! Love you!








2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

Ok, now I'm curious...what's rouladen?

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Hmmm. it's soooo good.

Take a rump roast - have your butcher slice it.

Use your meat tenderizer... Or a big hammer! =) and go to town on each slice.

Season the slices with goulden's - lemon pepper - stuff it with carrot, onion, pickle and bacon.

Roll it up - brown it and then sautee (in a new pan...) for about 2 1/2 hours in some chicken broth...

Save the bits that are left in the pan when browning... Great GRAVY! :)