Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oklahoma...

Sure is a long way from Florida!!!

In March, Thomas and I drove to Skiatook, OK... It took about 18 hours to get there. It took about 21 hours to get home - we stopped a lot on the backroads of Arkansas...Mississippi... and took some pretty cool photographs.

Last week, I flew to Kansas City and met my friend Jenny. From there we made the 4 hour trip to Skiatook in about 6 hours! lol
Don't ask... everytime we got in the car together it was like some kind of time warp.

What a relaxing wonderful weekend!!! We stayed at the Skiatook mansion... Pat and Grant's house! They are so wonderful...

We watched the most amazing thunderstorm at 4 am Saturday morning... And had an eventful day Saturday! A couple of amazing models got in some wedding dresses and off we went! We came back to an amazing dinner cooked by our friend Cort. And some even more amazing desserts cooked by our friend Lynda!

Saturday night was um... FUN! While I can't go into detail (this is a pg13 blog, right!??) I laughed so hard for 3 hours that my head still hurts.

We were able to get together our guidelines for our gathering in March. About 80 photographers from around the country get together and learn from each other.. and have a great time... and get some amazing shots.

I can't wait.

As much as I absolutely love having my camera with me everywhere I go, I only used my camera 1 day. What a joy it was to spend time with my friends and just be.

Here are some of the shots from that day...

Enjoy!


Jenn:
















Karrie:












































Bing:







3 comments:

Backroads by Lynda the blog said...

Rockin' shots girlfriend!!! You did us kids that stayed in the kitchen that weekend proud. Glad to see you blogging again, I always love looking at your work!

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Thanks so much honey!!!!

I think there is an image of you holding up your yummy bread pudding floating around there somewhere!!!!

:)

Denise said...

Looking at your shots brings me back to the weekend. I love the way you see things!